Friday, January 05, 2007

An informal letter

Dear Fiona,

I am very glad to hear from you again, my dear friend! How are you doing? What about your parents? I’m pretty fine as usual. I missed you a lot.

I may be arriving in Inverness on 15th April, one week before your birthday so we’ll have plenty of time to organize the party. The previous party was a success, but I didn’t know someone stole your father’s George III Silver Teapot – this is disgusting! I suggest you send invitations just to the ones you really know to join this next party.

Well, as usual your house was crowded with friends of friends, and I guess this is the main problem. Anyway, do you remember that tattooed guy who came with Ross, he is quite weird, don’t you think so? Maybe I’m judging him by his appearance, wearing leather jacket and silverish necklaces and bracelets, but he seems to be as keen on silver as your parents. What do you tell me about Marris’ sister, Rachel? No sooner had she arrived at the party, she was entering your parents’ living room. I know there’s a toilet over there, but everyone was using the one for guests, next to the backyard.

You shoud be more careful – think about this invitation idea I had - Just those with the invitations join the party. By the way, Guess what? Some days ago I was reading Oxford Mail and I saw this George III Silver Teapot being advertised. It has already been used, but according to them, it’s in perfect condition, and as they need to sell it very quickly you can take advantage of a bargain. They are selling it for £ 1500.

What a lovely surprise! You and Michael are getting engaged to be married! When did you start dating him? Was it just after the party? Well, honestly I don’t know who could have taken the teapot, but if I was supposed to point someone out, I would mention either Rachel, Marris’ sister, or the guy who came with Ross.

I hope you are doing what I suggested. Don’t forget it.

My best wishes,
Marcelo

356 words

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home